Managers will appreciate the improved management of inventory, the ability to find the best pricing, the timely delivery of orders and ease of tracking orders. A fully integrated system can cut cycle time in half and save 20% – 50% in administrative costs. Your purchasing software should be Sarbanes-Oxley compliant so Financial Managers can feel assured that complete, detailed audit reports are available to them in real time with just a keystroke. Additionally, the system you select should be a modular system, meaning you can buy what modules you need now and add more as your needs change. It should be able to function as a stand-alone system or it can be integrated with an accounting package to become one large seamless system. A complete system should include the following modules:
The Requisitions Module (Purchase requisitions) is the first module in the series, and it is the beginning of the purchasing process, providing the basic infrastructure for the cycle of ordering goods and services. While many more modules comprise the complete the series, it is readily apparent how implementation of just the Requisitions Module can help maintain brand consistency while improving the purchasing process.
When evaluating all the features a superior Purchasing Requisition Software should include the following:
• Individual user departments can requisition items directly from on-line catalogs or in free-form mode.
• Requisitions can be imported directly from Inventory module for items at or below their reorder points.
• Purchase requisitions can be printed, or handled without paper.
• When integrated with Inventory module, requisitions for stock items are automatically routed to your warehouse.
• Stock availability and subsequent stock commitment is performed real-time.
• If warehoused items are unavailable when requisitioned, the outstanding
portion will be automatically filled when re-supply occurs.
• Disbursement reports identify which items to pull from stock, their stocking
locations, and delivery information.
• A multi-level, on-line approval process prevents items from being ordered prior to all necessary sign offs.
• Requisitions are automatically routed by e-mail to the next approver listed in
your business rules.
• If rejected, requisitions can be returned to the original requisitioner with a
• Users can review requisitions on-line and convert them into purchase orders or requests for quotations without re-keying any data.
• Multiple requisitions for similar materials or services can be combined in one order, or a single requisition can be split up into multiple purchase orders for a number of vendors.
• On-line status inquiry and printed status reports make it easy to track the progress of requisitioned items, including expected delivery dates, back-order conditions, and assigned buyers.
• Shows which requisitions are on hold waiting for approval, approved but not ordered, and ordered but not received.
The Requisitions module is just one part of a complete system that supports vendor management, inventory, budgets, contract compliance, receiving, RFQs and other essential procurement processes.
The impact of the Internet has opened the door for technology. Let’s consider the Hospitality Industry as an example and think how this impacts your business as well. In Hospitality 2010, Deloitte, states that technology will become more and more important in the future. It states that technology is the fastest weapon the industry has for material product differentiation and that tomorrow’s traveler will be far more influenced by brand. Additionally, Deloitte states that consistency in brand is paramount but not easily achieved because there are so many touch points. That is why a technological approach to solving business issues is needed.
Consistency remains the single most important factor in brand delivery. All successful organizations must ensure everyone in the value chain delivers the brand promise, and the Purchasing Department, especially, can help make it easier for your business to live up to its promises.
Bellwether Software has helped many businesses in the hospitality industry. Purchasing Management eXtra establishes Quality Control that mandates procedures be in place that establish protocols for ordering goods and services that are consistent with the brand image and corporate goals.
Learn more about Purchasing Management eXtra, available in both Windows and Web-based versions, by visiting www.bellwethercorp.com or by calling 502-426-5463.
Sunny Dronowat, PhD.
December 16, 2009
Bellwether Software Partners with Anybill
to create a best of breed Procure to Pay Solution
Anybill and Bellwether Software are now offering a complete end to end solution that is web based to companies to automate the end to end procurement to pay process.
Louisville, KY: Bellwether Software, a leader in e-procurement systems and solutions for the
healthcare, hospitality, manufacturing and financial services industries has partnered with Anybill to build integration tools that automate the whole procure to pay process with Anybill’s On-demand Accounts Payable Automation Software, AnyAP. Anybill has been delivering quality accounts payable automation software and services to organizations throughout the US.
“Integration with Anybill’s On-demand AP Automation solution makes ePMX: a one of its kind ERP solution that companies can now use to automate their whole procurement to pay process. You can punch out to any vendor site, bring in the items, get it approved, create a PO, create an invoice and send that data electronically to Anybill and your invoice is paid” said Sunny Dronawat, president and general manager at Bellwether.
With this solution, customers can now control their spend; get a complete picture of their long-term and short term cash flow. “This will make a big difference in saving businesses thousands if not millions of dollars using purchasing automation and automated bill approval and payment” added Dronawat.
FROM ANYBILL CEO
“This integration provides a win-win situation for our clients. It completely automates the Procure to pay solution and brings two powerful ERP solutions together,” said Anybill’s CEO, Matt Voorhees.
Since 1998, Anybill has been developing and delivering the most secure, comprehensive and advanced suite of complete, on-demand accounts payable automation and sales and use tax payment solutions to small and medium sized companies, public accounting firms and not-for-profit organizations. Anybill’s unique back office business process enables users to save time and money through workplace automation, instant data visibility, financial transparency, records security, fraud protection and contributions to the conduct of financial audits.
Anybill is based in Washington, DC and has a Western Region office in San Mateo, California. For
more information visit www.Anybill.com.
About Bellwether Software
Bellwether Software is a Louisville KY-based purchasing software company. Operational since 1985,
it’s 100% web-based ePMX:, used by over 700 customer’s world wide, is an easy-to-use and very
reliable purchasing software. Bellwether Software offers affordable, modular and full-featured
procurement and spend analytics software both as traditional and SaaS (Software as a Service) model.
Questions and inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or to 502-426-5463. Visit Bellwether’s website at www.bellwethercorp.com